Oct 16, 2020 | Jensens
Mint Julep is a mixed alcoholic drink, consisting primarily of Bourbon, sugar, water, crushed ice & fresh mint.
As a Bourbon-based cocktail,
it is associated with the American South and the cuisine of the Southern United States
- 3 oz. Calumet Farm Bourbon
- 1 Teaspoon of Sugar (dissolved in
1 teaspoon of water - or use 2 tsp.
of simple syrup)
- 8 to 10 Leaves of Fresh Mint
- Mint Sprigs (for garnish)
- Crushed Ice
- Place the sugar and water at the bottom of a tall glass, dissolve sugar.
- Add the mint leaves and gently muddle (do not overwork the mint).
- Fill the glass with crushed ice and
add Calumet Farm Bourbon, stirring
- Adorn with sprigs of fresh mint.