Kirk & Sweeney 12 Years is named for the wooden schooner that is best known for smuggling rum from the Caribbean to the Northeast during the early years of Prohibition.
This expression earned a score of 95 points from Wine Enthusiast in 2013 and a Gold Award from The Fifty Best in 2014. A great "hidden gem" for any rum lover.
- 1.5 oz. Kirk & Sweeney 12 Years
- .75 oz. Leopold's Tart Cherry Liqueur
- .75 oz. Small Hands Pineapple Gomme Syrup
- .75 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice.
- Build ingredients in shaker tin, add ice
- Cap with other side of tin
- Shake for 7-8 seconds.
- Strain with Hawthorne strainer over ice cubes in Collins glass
- Place the lemon wheel on the rim of the glass.